Wednesday, March 14, 2012

2012 in Film

Okay, being a movie person, I figured I should share my personal thoughts that 2012 is going to be ONE EPIC YEAR FOR MOVIES.  There is roughly one movie a month that I'm pumped to see/ intrigued by.  And as the year goes on, I have heard more and more about films that have already come out, securing my statement.

Don't get me wrong: there could be a year where there was just a solid list of movies for the year that shouldn't be overshadowed.  But this year is one to top them off.  This post won't go in to details about my reasoning for the selections.

First Quarter

January- Contraband, Red Tails, Underworld Awakening, The Grey
February- Chronicle, The Woman in Black, Safe House, Star Wars: Episode I in 3D
March- John Carter, 21 Jump Street, The Hunger Games, The Raid: Redemption

Summer Blockbusters- The Middle Half

April- Lockout, The Raven
May- The Avengers, Men in Black 3
June-Snow White & the Huntsman, Prometheus, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
July- The Amazing Spider-Man, The Dark Knight Rises
August- The Bourne Legacy, Total Recall, The Expendables 2

Last Quarter

October- Taken 2
November- Skyfall
December- The Hobbit, The Great Gatsby

Remember, this list is not full of amazing movies (see The Expendables 2) just movies that I have an interest in seeing.  The three movies I am most looking forward to would easily be The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, and Skyfall.  But I'm sure I'll get into details about those movies soon enough.  

The Avengers, the first of my Big 3, comes out May 4th

Post about January, February, and March movies already out yet, coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment